Wednesday 22 April 2009

Wacky Prankster!

Lavanyaaa...Lavanya come down...Look at this rat over here...I screamed at the top of my voice...I dint see a rat or Lavanya coming my way..that was the usual prank Amma used to play on me....

After an hour Lavan came down with a cool head..she was a year younger to me...but the rat trick dint work on her...she smirked and commented..."Hey I know you were calling me to see a rat which ran away..." and wobbled her tongue at me...I winked back and said.." We need to fool someone...lets think together"....hey wish my mom..."Its her Birthday"...Lavan being a superhuman, wudnt let any prank betray her...at least on this day..be it my moms b'day..she brushed me off saying "come on gal..I know"

"Bhavya Bhavya Bhavya...we ran together to the 2nd floor balcony and screamed...The whole avenue cud have heard us....U have a phone call...Ur friend has called ...Bhavya Bhavya Bhavya.."

At last there was someone in Bhavya's Balcony...a lady strode out as if she were just out of bed...Ooooopps..it was Bhavya's mom....but nothing cud let down our spirit...we yelled..."there is a Phone call for Bhavya , Auntie...caller is on hold"

Auntie waved back...just two minutes..."Bhavya is having her shower.."we both chuckled thinking our plan worked...yeah it had worked well after all...2,3,4 and as the clock stuck 8AM...we saw Bhavya pacing down the stairs...water dribbling down her long hair...without wearing proper clothes or slipons she just cudnt wait to pick up the call...She almost fell the stairs as she leaped over ..and all the while we yelled..."come soon ...come soon..."
As she ran across the road to reach the pavement...we sang together...." Aprrrrrrril fffffffoooooooool" ...

We sniggerd and walked our way to eat the hot Idlis waiting for us over our victory...we boasted about fooling a gal who was much older..made plans for a few more neighbours...as we gobbled the Idli's we heard a commotion downstairs...lets go and see our next prey...Lavan and me jumped enthusiastically to my home..and were shocked!!!!
The Out of bed aunt was in blood and flesh right there... screaming at my mom...ooooooo...man !! what happened! we rushed back,as though it never concerned us..hid for a few minutes in Lavan's cozy room until I heard my mom calling out for me...
Every step down was like a Bizarre...Like a horrible nightmare...used to have that churned up feeling in my stomach only during Parent Teachers meeting...what had happened now? What was I Guilty about..!?! I had heard that even The President can be fooled on the 1st of April ..it was just a neighbour now..!

My lips dried up...Lavan snugged behind Kala Aunty's Saree and was out of the danger zone....I had to face this alone...heard a lot of tongue-lashing before I could blurt a SORRY stiffly...Out of bed aunt and her tricked daughter left with a swift turn ...
I was alone and my mom enquired.." whats wrong with you kid?".....was it wrong to fool? even u fooled me early today...I had tried to fool Suresh too..his parents hadn't come down to cavil...to be safe...i mumbled.."it was Lavan's Idea..."


I and Lavan have shared everything..the silliest jokes to the covert crush we had...the birthday cake my mom baked up for that evening to the hot Rajma curry Kala auntie prepared in jiffy....so we weren't spared this time...things when shared, reduces burden and brings in more joy...be it a lecture that mom had to give us after the incident....we both turned around...winked and said...now we have a common enemy....though our plans to dope the rest went down, We never cud stop giggling looking across the Street....




"Life isn't a big joke, if you don't get it...."




1 comment:

  1. u kalli, @ once instant u made me lil villi :D..
    Thats very nostalgic di.. I cannot forget that day. and to let u know I was hidding behind my mami and not my amma. My amma was in Chennai at that time..

    ReplyDelete