Wednesday 29 July 2009

The Gal Next Door!!

I had a friend from Davangere, Karnataka and she used to visit Kalpakkam once a year during X-mas vacation... I used to be happy when I heard her aunt say that she would turn up for X-mas..Reason being she was really creative and would come up with some or the other new hobby of hers every year.. when I first met her, she had a whole lot of fabric paints and a piece of table cloth...she was of my age...I couldn't imagine my tiny hands work on the brush and paints so skillfully as hers used to... But I was happy to watch her do it... when I saw her next, she had huge wool rolls and a plastic mat on which she tied up equal sizes of wool cut skillfully(she was making a wall hanging of tiger)...I should now mention that we were hardly 10 yrs old then...and I had totally forgotten about her...Today as I read about a versatile actress from Bollywood...I suddenly remembered that I had a friend who shared the same name ,whom I had forgotten about with time...whom, I used to adore so much..for whom, I used to wait for during X-Mas...
Nandita...Yeah !! My friend was Nandita too...but the lady who I was talking about...from bollywood is Nandita Das and she too has the same friendly warmth that anyone could compare with a known neighbour of theirs.... They would rather "term" it as "Gal Next door"...and she too is a package of talents...

Yeah I am in loss of words for this lovely lady...and recently as I was reading about her...I was even more shocked to know that she was almost 40...I always imagined her as someone of my age!! ha ha...I am not that young either...nor am I going to say my age now!!ho ho...I don't want to stress too much over the age now and make my blog look like some Bollywood Masala mag...that was never my intention...!!

Most of the movies she has done are real Classics...I have watched Water, Fire,1947 earth ,Kannathil muttamital,Kannaki and Ramchand pakistani...must say that she is a pearl in the ocean...A pearl that sometimes doesn't float along...but a pearl that lies deep in the sea...though she has been noticed and given numerous awards...I somehow have a feeling that she is not being used by the industry ...she has much more in her which I hope would be definitely float up with her directional debut movie Firaaq...I am now going to watch the movie and if I like it It will be definitely up there on the must watch list...
Now that U spent a whole lot of time on my blog ...here is a treat for u.. :)... why would I talk about when she has the whole of her resume and profile posted up there!!

http://www.nanditadas.com/ and if u too feel that u have seen a something in those friendly eyes! there is more for u...http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nandita-Das/40015176316 add up as a fan :)...

"There are no such things as Strangers, only friends we haven't met yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment